I had spent an unnerving night alone as my husband had traveled to visit relatives with our young children and I was to follow them the next morning. This was only a problem because I had also spent several years as a teenager watching those scary teen flicks like we were counseled not to...as a result there followed years of being terrified by the depth of night and forces of evil that I knew to be real. I also deeply believed, though, in the strength of my Father in Heaven and His power over all. So this night I spent alone with my fears took me several times to my knees, petitioning Him to comfort me, to be near me. I felt no relief. The hours were long and horrible as I waited out the night, pacing, wondering where He was. But in my wondering and searching I also grew in my testimony of the fact that even though I wasn't being 'rescued', He must be near--like a parent just outside the door of an upset little one trying to calm herself to sleep. I made the decision that night to trust Him and hold on anyway no matter the circumstances--even if it was a night spent in great fear. I was going to choose Him, I was going to choose to believe. The morning light came none too soon and I finally was able to get in my car and head toward my family. I was driving alone, singing along to the radio and feeling elated that I had conquered! Then came the impression that I needed to turn off the music. I did. Not a moment later an audible male voice said "He wants you to know He loves you." I whipped my head around so I could see who was in the back seat of my car. The voice was that clear and right behind me. But I was alone. It had been the Spirit, on errand from my Father in Heaven who loved me enough to acknowledge that He had been there and would be with me, always.
Nancy
Oregon
No comments:
Post a Comment