Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ann

On a Monday evening in 1978, I was rushing from Mesa to Tempe with my husband and four small children for the baptism of my sister's fiance. My husband had given me a special silver charm bracelet several years before and I wanted to wear it but didn't take the time to put it on. As I got out of the car, it fell on the ground, unnoticed. In the excitement of the occasion, I didn't even think about it until the next day. When we finally got hold of the custodian that evening (Tuesday), he told us that many children go directly through that parking lot everyday on their way to and from school and that there had been a primary held that afternoon (This was before the Sunday block) and he didn't think there would be any point in looking for it. I was just so sad that someone else would have something that was so special to me. On Thursday at lunchtime, my husband felt a strong prompting to drive to the parking lot and there it was, just lying out in the open, shining in the sun. There is no way to explain why no one saw it, but each time I wear it, I know my Heavenly Father showed me His love that day. Ann, AZ

No comments: